The FLEXYS are a true fleet management industry award. Every fleet management professional is welcome to submit an entry for the Fleet Excellence Awards, regardless of where their fleet is based in the world. Nominees are not required to be Members of NAFA Fleet Management Association and are not required to have a CAFM® certification.
NAFA has developed a document to help you make the most of this opportunity. Please download this document by clicking here and learn how to submit your most effective FLEXY nomination.
The deadline for submissions is extended to February 3, 2017. There is no cost for submissions and you may submit entries in multiple categories.The Fleet Excellence Award winners are chosen from a blind voting process. To ensure the legitimacy of these awards, judges never see the names of the nominees or the organizations they work for. Voting is 100% blind; based solely upon the actions and ideas listed by the nominees on their submission forms. This means judging by merit, not name recognition.Each submission contains a summary of the registrant’s work in 500 words or less. Should the judges need more information, the registrant will be notified. Some important information to note prior to submitting:
- Nominees will ONLY be included in the running for the FLEXYs if the efforts were initiated or substantiated in the year 2016. All-encompassing efforts stemming from ongoing efforts preceding 2016 cannot be added without sufficient documentation that supports why these should be included.
- If your nomination does not specify in individual sections why it should be considered for the categories in which it is entered, we highly suggest you do not use the multiple category submissions and, instead, focus on the category pertaining to your strongest submission. (Example: A submission that clearly shows strength in the sustainability area should not be added to the safety submissions UNLESS the submission shows equal validity pertaining to safety achievements.)
- Submissions must have documentation that corroborates the validity of the entry. (Example: carbon emissions reduced, money saved year-over-year, safety actions that resulted in reductions of crashes and overall injury, policy changes that have had a dramatic change on fleet procedures and/or functionality, etc.)
- Submissions for the Excellence In Fleet Leadership category should detail how the member of upper management has shown support to the fleet department and staff, and how said upper management has acted as an ambassador for fleet to the organization. Please detail how this individual has supported fleet managers and fleet professionals, and what actions they have taken to enable the fleet to survive and thrive.
- Be aware that multiple submissions for a single nominee does not guarantee any outcome, either positive or negative. All instances of name, gender, place of work and position, and any other information that might otherwise identify an individual will be removed. FLEXY submissions depend solely on the quality of fleet-related accomplishments.
Three finalists for each award will be chosen. The finalists will be notified in February 2017. Winners will not be notified in advance, they will be announced during the special opening night awards ceremony at NAFA’s annual Institute & Expo in Tampa, Florida, USA.
To submit an entry, Click Here